The roof will not fully fulfill its functions if it is not equipped with all the necessary elements. A roof with any facing, primarily with soft roofing, needs special additional details, with the help of which our professional roofing specialists decorate all its edges, joints, junctions – those areas where it adjoins the pediments or walls. Additional elements give the roof high functionality, reliability, protection from various weather influences. In addition, this kind of roof always looks more aesthetic and neater. One of the main additional elements is a flashing, which is able to protect the in-wall and under-roof areas from moisture, as well as from garbage and dust. With this component, all problematic areas of the roof become decorative and complete. Without this additional element, the roof, and therefore the whole house, will not be reliably protected.
The flashing is an important additional element of the longitudinal structure. Like other metal components, it is installed on the rafter structure after the installation of purlins and waterproofing material and protect the roof from moisture. With the correct installation of this structural element, the frontal board does not get wet even with strong, prolonged precipitation, which significantly extends the service life of both the roof itself and the rafters. We can say that it is a steel rigid element with an anti-corrosion coating, usually polymer, designed specifically to protect such important structures as drip edges and frontal boards from water. At first sight, it may seem that the steel structure is attached the edges of already installed soft roof covering, but this is not so: it is installed at an earlier stage.
The roof is a complex structure and our specialized team will represent you the importance of every roofing detail. It is not enough to cover the roof with metal tiles or other roofing material and not use anything else. Numerous elements are used in its construction. For better protection of the entire structure, it is required to use some additional elements.
For soft roofs, it is recommended to use metal flashings, which will restrict the access of water to the inside of the roof and protect the purlins from getting wet. Depending on the location, there are some important flashings:
- Drip edge flashings are installed on the overhang and serve as water drainage from the rafter system.
- The sidewall flashings serve as contact detail of the soft roof with vertical surfaces such as walls, chimneys, and other elements of the house structure. Protect these places from the penetration of water, dust and garbage.
- Gable trim flashing protects the frontal part and internal elements of the roofing system from the influences of precipitation, moisture and rotting.
- Ridge flashing is located at the very top of the roof. Its main role is to hide the joints of sheets of metal or other roofing material. In addition, it also performs an aesthetic function.
- Endwall flashing is the most important structural element of the roof, which is located at the junction of two slopes. If the house has a multi-slope roof, then the endwalls are given special attention, since water and snow all the time roll down into these recesses, which is why these places are the most problematic. These areas must be properly protected to avoid leaks.
Roof flashings are often painted with the color of the roof covering, but sometimes contrasting colors serve as an interesting design solution.
- Downspouts preserve the surface of your house, increase the service life of the building, and also protect the roof from icicles that are also dangerous for the health of residents.
- Snow Barrier – Loosens snow as it falls from the roof, thereby reducing the risk of injury and damage to building structures.